The Charity That We Donate To:
Meet and Mentor - www.meetandmentor.org
Education and Meet and Mentor:
- Children need mentors, guides, advisors, and true educators.
- Education professionals need to see a child as a whole person and seek to educate and develop their personal, social, emotional, and physical well-being.
- Children naturally learn through play.
- ALL Children have natural gifts that make them unique.
- Children must be encouraged to seek and discover their passion.
- Character always comes first
- Creativity and imagination are a priority, as this lays the foundation for achievement.
- Children should be given the opportunity to discover how they learn best.
- Developing life-long learners and those who love the learning process come first and the academic skill set will follow.
- Interests should be included in curriculum to support and encourage their dreams.
- Emotional intelligence is equally if not more important than academic intelligence.
- Every child must have positive family support to achieve.
- Children need a mentor to continue to inspire them.
- Letter grades tell little about intelligence and what children truly know.
- Children should be able to demonstrate concept mastery via assessments that align with their gifts of strength in their own Learning Portfolio.
- Family enrichment activities and real-world experiences are more important than a workbook page.
- A student that comes to enjoy learning will pass standardized tests effortlessly.
- Children need love and compassion always.
- Labels aid research; they “stain” a child.
- Focusing on the heart of a child and what they love will bring success in all that they do.